Thursday, September 08, 2005

What a week

Well, the move is done. I am tired, sore, and broke. We were actually out of our old house a day early. Since the guy buying our house never told me where to leave the key (he couldn't make it to our scheduled closing time) I just left eh keys and the garage door opener in the house and locked the door. Screw him. He can get a locksmith if needs to. I figured that they would give him the key that was in the lock box, but apparently, there is some confusion as to where that key is. Oh well. Not my problem. We have all of our stuff at out new house, mostly in the garage or basement. It's a huge mess right now. There is no way I would have been able to move move without hiring mover. It was a bit more expensive than I would have liked, but it was worth it. Two Men and a Truck did a good job. The guys were nice and didn't damage a thing. The people moving out of our house on the other hand put a huge dent in the kitchen wall and tore out the water hook up for the washer and dryer. We are trying to get them to pay for the fixing of the damage. Oh, and there is a huge spot on our living room that is unpainted because they didn't bother to move the entertainment center before painting. We covered it up fairly well with a big piece of furniture, but it is still a pain. The Barney purple room is now a nice green dining room. It too primer and two coats of paint. Also, We got Noah's room painted. We still have alot to do though. Thanks to Bryan and Rick or the help clearing out my storage shed.

I have alot to catch up on sice it's been almost a week since my last posting. Ohio State won their home opener against Miami (OH) 34-14. The 14 points scored by Miami were in the closing minutes of the game and came against the Ohio State second team defense. The starting defense completely shut down Miami's (pretty good) offense. It put a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. The offense looked pretty good too. Zwick made more good plays than bad, and there was some positive things from the running game. Bryan has some more on the game and a picture that he took posted on his blog. I won't go too much in to detail since I only saw bits and pieces of the game, what with the moving and all. The game this weekend is huge. OSU vs. Texas. I feel pretty good about this game after watching the defense last Saturday. The Miami QB was flattened a few times by the diferent blitzes that the Bucks threw at him. Texas is a diferent story (I think they scored 60 points last week), true, but I think that the Scarlet and Grey will pull it out.

A realization last week: While watching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I had a bit of a suprise. Mal, from Firefly, was a semi-regular in the last season of Buffy. I knew that he looked familiar. The guy that plays Mal also played a bad guy named Caleb on Buffy. Sorry to the more divote Firefly fans, but I do not know his actual name. Caleb was a pretty good bad guy and the actor played him well. It's no suprise that Joss kept him on for Firefly.

I have several things coming up that I am excited about. I am going to see System of a Down September 25th. I bought two tickets and will be taking the wifey along. She is not a huge System of a Down fan, but she likes them well enough to enjoy the show. The Mars Volta is opening for SOAD and I'm trying to get Bryan to make me a CD of some of their music. The show is also part of the 'Blitz Bash'. The local radio station is having a concert in the arena district and a ticket to SOAD will get you into the Blitz Bash. I doubt that we will go since it's an all day thing. Serenity is coming to cinima at the end of the month. The trailers look good. I hope to see it the theatres, but with three kids and a wierd work schedule, I may have to wait until it is out on DVD. Also, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie is going to be out in November. Still a few months away, true, but I am looking forward to it none the less. I am reading the book (again) and am getting close to the end. I forgot how good it is. It's a shame that they will need to cut alot of it out for the movie. Otherwise it would be four hours long probably.

3 comments:

Woody! said...

Congrats on completing the move. I'm sure things will calm down soon, right?

Yeah, after Firefly was cancelled, Joss Whedon worked Mal and Zoe onto Buffy and Angel that year and made them those season's Big Bad. He even got Jayne on Angel the next season.

Eric Rhodes said...

I don't remember Zoe in Buffy. Which episode?

Woody! said...

Zoe was on Angel. You'll have to get those DVDs next.