Friday, September 09, 2005

It's Friday!!

I am amazed. I am actually mildly interested in baseball. I rarely watch a game, I barely pay attention to the highlights on Sports Center, but right now, I am just a little bit interested in MLB. Not enough to go into a whole post about it, but I have some interest. The Indians (the only team I like at all aside from the Cubs) are in the lead for the wild card to get into the playoffs. They are 1/2 game ahead of the Yankees (a team I don't like). I don't like baseball because the season is so damn long (over a hundred games a season). A team can lose 60 games and still be in the playoff race. Plus, there are so many player trades every season, it's impossible to know a team roster from one game to the next. But anyway, I am slightly interested because the Indians are still in the playoff hunt over the Yankees. That's all.

Cook out plans are for the Penn State game this year. The past few have been Wisconsin game cook outs, but the Bucks don't play the Badgers this year. Too bad too. They didn't look too good in their season opener against Bowling Green allowing 42 points in thier 56-42 victory. Anyway, this year we chose October 8th and the game being played in Happy Valley. Hopfully, the Buckeyes will be able to make it the not-so-Happy Valley this year. Penn State has been down the past few seasons, but there is talk that the Nittony Lions may be better this year. We shall see. Personally, I think that Joe-Pa needs to step down. He is a legacy at Penn State and in college football, true. However, he is getting up in the years. No one in their right mind will fire him, but someone needs to have a private talk with him and tell him that it's time to hang up the whistle. Woody Hayes is an Ohio State legend, but his time came too. It's just the way of things. Anyway, the cookout. The game starts at 7:00 or 7:45 pm so I'm figuring that I'll spark up the grill around 6:00. We'll have tons of food and drink, as usual. I'll send an email out to everyone later with directions and more specific information. Yes, Bryan, I wil get Long Island Iced Tea fixin's. You'd just better not have to crash on by couch again. We'll have the usual cook out foods, brats, burgers, and chicken of sort. This year, we will actually have enough room for people to sit comfortably. The new basement isn't as big as the old one, but the living room is bigger and out dex kicks ass. It should be a good time. Amy, if you and Johnny make it, sorry that you will not be able to partake in the alcoholic libations, but we'll have plenty of grub to satisfy your preggers cravings. Out of town people may want to try and find someone to stay with since it is a late game. We can probably handle a few people, but that's all.

I added a picture of a Lego Stadium that someone built. It's pretty cool. Not too sure where the picture came from, but hopfully I won't get in trouble for posting it.

No comments: