Friday, May 25, 2007

Updates



So, nothing really new going on lately. Today is Alydia's birthday. She is officially two. She is SOOO cute. I can hardly take how cute she is sometimes. I'll add more pictures of her brithday party to my Flickr page soon.

I think I am going to take a long break from cash poker games. I have been on a bad streak lately. I may play in a tournament here and there, but I am done for cash games. I will also be able to get my poker fix when I play on my Xbox. It's not the same as playing in real life, but still pretty fun. I found out last night that you can play for achievement chips on Xbox Live. It's not money, but it adds a bit of a risk factor to the game. Plus, you usually get more serious players that way.

Speaking of the Xbox, I unwrapped Dead Rising for the first time earlier this week. I didn't play much, but I TOTALLY get why Woody is into it so much. You are a photo journalist that get stuck in a zombie-filled town. I found it very funnd that therre was a disclaimer on the package stating that the game was not based on George Romero's movie Dawn of the Dead. Sure, it isn't (sense the sarcasm). Stuck in a mall surrounded by zombies? Anyone ever see the movie. Since Woody used to be in journalism, and he likes Amry of Darkness-type movies (the character looks like Bruce Campbell), I totally see why he likes this game. I think I am probably going to finish Crack Down before I really get into Dead Rising.

My garden is pretty much taken care of now. I have tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, herbs and green beans in so far. I still need to put in zuccini and lettuce. I want to get a few more plants for the yard. A butterfly bush and rose bush that I had died and I want to replace them. Here are some pictures of different pretty flowers that I have blooming at the moment.

7 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

Just so you know, the first flower (the big one) is a climatis (maybe clamatis). I'm not too sure what the second one is called though. I really like them though. I have seven or eight of them. Both are perennials, so they come back every year, which is nice. You don't have to keep buying new flowers that way.

Eric Rhodes said...

Also, just so you know, there are a bunch of new pictures up on my Flickr Page. Check them out, if you want.

Woody! said...

I think you'll enjoy Dead Rising. I'd play you online but there's no multiplayer mode. They need to fix that for the sequel.

And I'm only two achievements away from all 50 Xbox Achievements. Awesome.

Happy birthday, Alydia!

Woody! said...

Oh, and I do get your messages. I just haven't figured out how to hook up the head microphone yet. I don't why, but I can't get it to work!

Eric Rhodes said...

You just plug in the head phone plug into the head phone jack on the controller. I thought that the box said that Deasd Rising is multiplayer online. Oh well. We will need to figure out another game that we have to play online together.

Anonymous said...

Your flowers look nice and healthy. I have yet done any planting. I am always late. I fear frost. I am not even done cleaning out last years dead stuff. But, I do have several dusty millers and salvia coming back. I have to get busy with the planting. I need everything to look nice for when we sell. Too bad is cost so much. When we move I am getting mostly perennials. You should get a butterfly bush. I love those. I plan on set up a butterfly garden one day.

Eric Rhodes said...

I do have a butterfly bush, Amy. Plus several other plants that attract butterflies. They just aren't blooming yet, so I didn't take pictures. As more things come up and bloom, I will post more pics.