Monday, May 14, 2007

A Few Updates

1. I found a few wrinkles in watching TV shows through NetFlix. First, not all of the episodes are included. I started watching a new TV series I wanted to try and realized that I was missing an episode here and there. I don't know why it would be like that. I guess they want you to go ahead and rent the DVDs. Second, you don't get to watch unlimited DVDs online. I tried to watch an old Dr. Who episode and got a message that my online rentals had reached their limit until the next billing date. I guess I will just need to pace myself.

2. The TV show I mentioned above is called Dead Like Me. It's actually pretty funny. It's about an 18 year old girl that is killed when a toilet seat from a space station hits her. She gets recruited as a Grip Reaper and starts collecting souls with several other Reapers. It's funny because the Reapers are all pretty odd and depraved. One is a drunk theif, the other is a whorey ex-actress, and another is an angry meter maid. They work for the division of Reapers that take care of weird accidental deaths (like a butterfly effect type thing. Someone slips on a banana, knocks over a chair, causing someone else to trip and fall on a knife, for example). There are other divisions, like reapers that take care of animals, old age, etc. All in all it is a very entertaining show. Pretty funny. I may need to get the DVDs just so that I can catch all of the episodes I missed. Plus, I think Jessica will like it.

3. Alydia is almost two! Her birthday is the 25th, but we are having a gathering this Saturday. Nothing big, just a few friends and family. I can't believe that she is going to be two already. She realyl is such a sweet little girl. Sure, she has her moments, but not nearly as bad as Gabriel was when he was the 'terrible twos'. Maybe she is just waiting until she reaches two exactly until she adds the 'terrible' to her temper.

4. Jessica and I had a night out on Friday. We went with my friend Barb and her husband to get some Mexican and then bowling. We drank much and had a really good time. We don't get to go out nearly as much as I would like. We had issues with out sitter though. She never showed up, so Jessica called her brother and he came over to watch the kids. I guess our sitter fell alseep or something. Her mom called us to let us know that it would " NEVER happen again." It had better not. As far as I'm concerned, she is getting moved to the bottom of our lists of sitters. Not that we have many options, but I would rather try someone else that may be more reliable.

3 comments:

Mona said...

Yay for Alydia turning 2! They grow up fast, eh? And that's great that you and Jess got to go out. That's important.

Anonymous said...

Dead Like Me sounds like a Mona movie. Tell me about it I know what it is like to have a two year old. It is hard to believe that is has been two years since I went through labor and now I am going to do it all again in three months. How old was your baby sister that was a no show? What are the ages of baby sitters on your list? How did you find someone you trust? I don't even trust my little sister. I have been giving a few good reasons though.

Eric Rhodes said...

our sitter is 14. she and her sister put flyers around the neighborhood offering their services. I think we are going to go with the sister next time. It's not really too much of a stretch to trust them since Noah is 13 and can keep tabs on them. We just don't trust him to be in charge of the little kids. There is a world of difference in maturity between a 14 year old girl and a 13 year old boy. Plus, older brothers tend to bully their younger brother.