Saturday, May 05, 2007

Best Buy Likes to Tease

So, I've had an on again off again relationship with Best buy. A while back I boycotted them because of some customer relations issues, but after a long while and hating shopping at other places for my electronics needs, I've decided that I like Best Buy again. I bought my Xboxes there and they replaced two of them when I had issues and I've bought several other high dollar electronics (computer, camera, phones, IPods, etc.). I also love going to a place that has all sorts of games, movies, and music all in the same place. Yes, you can find other stores like that, but not with the same wide selection. Anyway, I go to Best Buy about once a month. I check their ad every week to see if there are any good deals. Once they had Lost DVDs for $20 a season, for example. Anyway, I just bought a new computer for the kids to use. I have a Reward Zone card, so I earn points when I buy things and they send me gift cards when I reach a certain number of points. Why I say Best Buy is a tease, is because right after I bought the computer, I received a 'special offer' in the mail affering triple points on one item bought and another offering a discount for a high dollar purchase. Where were these offers right before I bought a computer? Well, I guess I can't complain. Just for being a Reward Zone member I get the coupons and I get paid for shopping. It's a nice encentive, but has bad timing.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

LOST for $20 a season?! Man, I wish I had seen that.

And I'm a Rewards Zone membmer, too. And they don't send me shit!

Eric Rhodes said...

You may want to check your point balance. And check to see how you have things set up. You need to choose the frequency and denomination of the rewards certificates. I set mine to $20, so everytime I get enough points, they send me a gift card. You also need to check your mail carefully because the certificates look like junk mail. I think I threw away the first set I received.