Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm SUCH a follower

I usually don't follow the pack when it comes to buying things. I like to form my own opinions and make my own choices. Sure, there are sometimes that I follow the masses, but only after being stubborn for a very long time. For example, I never watched Lost until this past winter. Honestly, the concept looked silly to me. People surviving a plane crash on an island? Wasn't that a Tom Hanks and Wilson movie? Well, after running out of things to watch through NetFlix, I caved and am now hooked to the TV show that America loves to get frustrated by. Everytime you think you figure something out, something happens that throws you for a loop. An invisible leader named Jacob? Come on!! well, I guess it can't be any weirder than the black smoke moster. Anyway, what I'm getting at is, OK, maybe I AM a follower. I just take my time and follow at my own pace.

My stubbornness only goes so far however. Actually, it usually lasts until I find a good deal at Best Buy. Like I mentioned before, I found seasons 1 and 2 of Lost for $20 a pop! Oh, and I also bought Firefly when I saw it for $20 at Target. That's another post though. This past week, I followed Woody. I know, I know....pretty stupid, right? What I mean is, I went out and bought Dead Rising for my Xbox 360. With as much as he posts about the game, it must be good, right? Well, let me tell you......I have no idea yet. I just bought the game Tuesday and haven't had the chance to kill me some zombies. I've been too busy slaughtering gang members and innocent by-standers in CrackDown. I had considered getting Dead Rising before Crackdown, but was drawn in by the Halo 3 demo, which still isn't out by the way. As you can see by my Xbox Blog, WSOP: TOC and NCAA Football 07 are still my top two, but that is only because I don't like playing games rated M in from of the kiddies. The Xbox blog really cracks me up sometimes. Like how is posted that my Xbox was 'dumbing down the AI' so that I would be encouraged to play more. The 5/16/07 post is funny too because I stopped because my link to Xbox Live kept going down on me. It's hard to play poker online when you can't get online. So, I guess it really did make me stop.

Back to the point, I am following again. However, the following only occured because DeadRising went from $59.99 to $39.99. I am SUCH a whore for a good deal!

No comments: