Saturday, October 07, 2006

Two Hours of BSG Magic

A two hour premire. Awesome. I didn't realize that it would be a two hour premire. Awesome. All in all it was excellent. Twists, turns, action. Two hour show seemed like one hour and I was pissed off everytime there was a commercial and down right angry when the show ended. After the long wait, I have to say the first show of the season of Battlestar Galactica was great. I did have a few problems with some of the things that happened, but just little things:

DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT DETAILS OF THE FIRST EPISODE!!!

1. They made Lee fat. I guess they did this to show Lee's sense of hopelessness and apathy, but Lee has been down in the past and didn't go off to gain 50 pounds.

2. Anders is alive and well. In last season's finale he was in bed with pneumonia and no medicine. I doubt that the Cylons would watch out for the well being of Starbuck's husband. Unless they helped him to keep her happy.

3. Staubuck's "child" looked at least three years old. I don't think that would fit the time line in which Starbuck was on Caprica and in the hospital. Maybe I am being a bit too crital about that. Anyone else think that KC's "accident" was staged to get Starbuck to care about the kid?

4. The made a piont to say that the Centurions can't tell the difference between one 'skin job' Cylon and another. A #6 looks like any other #6 to a Centurion. That's why they sent Sharron to New Caprica. Yet, when the resistance was ambushed after Sharron arrived, she didn't just yell 'hold your fire.' to make them stop shooting.

5. They make you believe that Laura was shot by the Cylons, but show her in the 'next time on Battlestar Galactica' preview after the show.

6. Gaeda would not be working for Baltar. I guess they are playing it like he is the spy on the inside and is helping alot, but I would think that he would tell Chief Tyrel or Col. Tigh so that he wouldn't get killed as a calaborator.

7. The Cylon's say they want to 'help' the humans and live in peace, but are detaining people and killing them for no apparent reason. I guess history shows that most conquering people feel that they are 'helping' their subjects.

Enough. I don't want to seem like I am complaining because it was a great episode, which I plan on watching again. Soon. It's hard to see what will happen in the coming shows since the fleet seems to be facing impossible odds to free the people on New Caprica.

No comments: