Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Hurtin' on the Hoosiers

This was the first OSU football game this season that was not televised on normal cable networks. It's crazy that the number one team in the country isn't on a channel that everyone in Columbus can watch. It was on ESPNU which is only available on satellite or Insight Cable (I have Time Warner). So, what I did was, I went to Roosters to pick up some carry out (I had to work this Saturday) so that I could have a few beers and watch the first quarter. The rest of the game I listened to on the radio. It was weird, I felt really pumped up by this game. Maybe because I couldn't watch it all. I have to say, watching the first quarter, I got a little nervous. The OSU offense wasn't clicking and Troy Smith did not look like a Heisman candidate. IU scored first after returning an OSU punt to the OSU 15 yard line. Luckily, the OSU defense looked great and stone-walled IU's offense all day. The OSU offense got it rolling and racked up 44 points. The final score was 44-3. I can't believe that there are onle four more games left this season. why is it that baseball, which I don't like so much, lasts FOREVER, but the best time of the year (OSU football season) only lasts 12 weeks? The next three games, leading up to The Big One, are against teams that are collectively 6 and 15. Minnesota, Illinois, and Northwestern are not the best in the Big Ten. As long as Ohio State doesn't have a serious let down, it is looking like they will be undefeated when M*ch*g*n rol into town. It also looks like scUM will be undefeated as well. How huge would it be if both teams are #1 and #2 going into that game. Already, tickets for the OSU vs M*ch*g*n game are running over $1000 a piece. The local news said that four tickets in one of the boxes are going for $6000 on Ebay. $1500 per ticket. And I was bitching about the face value of the tickets going up to $64 a piece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I should feel badly that my Hoosiers lost. Maybe someday I'll get into football enough to be upset. :)

Eric Rhodes said...

At least IU has basketball to hang their hat on. Still, the football team has had some strong wins this year. Beating Iowa was big for them.

Woody! said...

Yea, the ESPNU thing is causing a big stink here because Time Warner won't carry it. Most of UC's basketball games will be on the "U" including the huge rivalry game between Xavier and Cincinnati. I've always been a cable guy but it may be time to switch to the Dish.

Eric Rhodes said...

Woody, you'd be the guy on the commercial that is in the rain on his roof trying to fix your dish because your picture is out. The neighbor girl would see you and call the cops.