Monday, October 09, 2006

If I Had a Million Dollars......

First a quick recap of the weekend:

-OSU beat Bowling Green 35-7. They didn't beat the spread, but a win is a win. It was a pretty boring game. I think the Bucks used standard offensive plays in order to work on the basics and keep their big weapons as a suprise.

-The Browns lost. Again. They are really not so good this year. I thought they'd do better since some of their starters are healthy now, but I was wrong.

Ok, if I had a million dollars, I would:

1. Buy a boat for on the lake.
2. Buy a house on South Bass Island (ok, I'd need more that $1mil).
3. Pay off all of my bills.
4. Buy an RV to take down to campus for the home OSU games.
5. Buy OSU season tickets.
6. Enter the big tournament for the World Poker Tour.
7. Get a pool in the back yard.
8. Get a hot tub in the back yard
9. Buy a Harley
10. Buy a widescreen plazma TV with sound system. (One for each room)
11. Travel (Cruises, trips to Europe, Mexico, East Coast, West Coast, everywhere I feel like.)

I'm sure there is more, but I cannot think anything else right now. I'm sure there is more that I can do, but I can't think of anything. Any ideas of what I should do if/when I get rich?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you win a million dollars I think you should buy me a horse/livestock farm, buy me a cabin in the U.P., pay off my bills, buy me a R.V to travel to the national parks . . . oh give some to cancer research or children charity or something like that.

Eric Rhodes said...

Um, though those are all great ideas Amy, I think I would focus my spending on myself and my family. Maybe I could buy you a goat.

Anonymous said...

You need to give to the needy, Eric. I'm in need. I need a new car (obviously, since I'm still driving the red beast) and I would like to go back to grad school....you should pay for that, too. That would only be about $150,000 unless I decided to work and be frugal.

Eric Rhodes said...

Again, Mona, good ideas. Tell you what, when I'm rich, I'll buy you a brand new car, made by Mattell, and pay for your grad school pencils. Does that sound fair?

Anonymous said...

Hey why does she get a "car" and money towards school? Wait. . . you did already buy me a horse I guess.

Eric Rhodes said...

Again, to clarify:

Mona wants $ for school and a new car. She'd get a toy car and some pencils.

Amy wants a horse and a cabin. She'd get a goat.

So, really Amy, you'd be getting the pricier of the gifts. Pencils and a toy car can't be more than $20, but a goat would be at least a couple hundred. I guess I could steal it, but then I might need to use my million dollars for bail.

Anonymous said...

True . . . . True

Anonymous said...

OOHH, I see how it is. I can't believe I'm getting the crappy end of the stick here. Jeeez.

Eric Rhodes said...

Mona, you're right. You and Amy should be treated equally. I'll buy you each a goat. I am sorry for being so insensitive.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least I won't have to mow my lawn so much. Although my cats are going to be pissed off.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mona, get out your lawn mower. Goats are not grazers but browsers. But, you can get out your milk pail.