Monday, November 14, 2005

It's M*ch*g*n Week Baby!

In case you are wondering why I put *s where vowels should be in the word M*ch*g*n, it's because I've learned that when you type fowl, dirty words, it is polite to cover parts of the word with some sort of symbol in order to protect the more sensative readers. Other examples: F*ck, Sh*t, C*ck S*ck*r, you get the idea. It's just my way to keep my blog clean and unoffensive.

The Buckeyes ROLLED over Northwestern this past Saturday. I was worried after the Wildcats drove down the field to score the first touchdown of the game, but Ohio State made a few adjustments on defense and made it the only touchdown that the Wildcats scored. On to of that, the Buckeye Offense seemed possesed as it racked up 48 points. I guess that special teams helped out a lot when a Northwestern punt was blocked and AJ Hawk took the ball for a touchdown. I enjoyed watching this game 100%. The defense was hitting hard and causing turn overs, special teams was blocking kicks and having bug punt and kickoff returns, and the ofensive line was sticking blocks and Pittman was running through them. Even Troy Smith played well. The only gripe I have about Troy was when he tried to force a pass to Santonio Holmes down the field when both Ginn and Gonzalez were WIDE FREAKIN' OPEN for short passes that would have resulted in at least 15-20 yards. Oh well. All in all it was a great performance. I was very happy that AJ Hawk went out on a big game at home. He's probably my favorite player this season. This past Saturday, he had 8 tackles, caused a fumble, and returned a blocked punt for a touchdown. He's a finalist for the Butkus award, which goes to the best linebacker in the nation. Not only does he hit like a truck, he's smart and well spoken. All three of the OSU linbackers kick ass.

I am a bit offended by the polls this week. Ohio State has moved up to number 9 in both the AP and USA Today polls, which is good since there are two one loss teams behind the Bucks, but Norte Dame, another two loss team, is ahead of the Buckeyes in both polls. Now, Notre Dame definately deserves to be a top ten team, but Ohio State lost to the number two and number five teams in the country and the Irish lost to the number one USC and UNRANKED Michigan State (who Ohio State beat soundly). Why does the team that barely lost to USC get more props than the team that barely lost to Texas? This is why I want the Irish in a bowl game. If I were to dislike a team more than I dislike M*ch*g*n, that team would be Notre Dame. It would be a great ending to a season to go up north and beat the Blue and then follow it up with a victory over the Irish.

It's Beat the Blue Week! Ohio State travels to that whore of a city, Ann Arbor, to take on the Wolver-meenies of M*ch*g*n. Now, in case you can't pick up on my subtle hints, I'm not a hugh fam of the boys in blue. Back in my college days, it seemed like every year the Buckeyes were on the verge of a Big Ten or National title, only to be thwarted by the team up north. Let me tell you, as a former band member, it is a LOOOOONNNNG ride home after losing up in that hole of a stadium. Luckily, Tressel seems to have figured out how to beat the Blue. He is 3-1 as a coach againse that team. I heard on the radio that the Buckeyes are a 2 1/2 point favorite to win the game. I don't know if that makes be feel confident or worried. Really, it doesn't matter what the point spread is or what team records are when it comes down to this game. When OSU and scUM get together, either team can win. If Ohio State's offense and special teams keep going as well as they are, they have a good chance to come away with a win. I'll be glued to my TV, I tell you what.

GO BUCKS!!

3 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

I almost forgot:

It's 9:58 and M*ch*g*n still sucks!

Anonymous said...

And for me, it's now 6:12 and M*ch*g*n still sucks!
I am going to miss this week...tell me all about it!

Woody! said...

You can't put logic into the polls. All they do is move people up when someone loses. The order almost never changes. They sure as hell don't get re-considered every week.