Saturday, November 22, 2008

Will there ever be a play offs?

Well, today closes up Ohio State's regular football season. The Buckeyes have had a pretty good season. I see it as only a one loss season, since the loss at USC is really the only true defeat of the season. Yes, Penn State was ahead of the Buckeyes when time expired, but the buckeyes beat themselves that game. No fumble and the Bucks have one loss. Oh well. The Buckeyes will probably go to a good bowl game, possibly BCS, so I will have one more game after todays match up against the Wolverweenies.

I hope that the NCAA will pull its head out of its ass and allow the BCS to die and finally set up a play offs. Granted, OSU would probably miss the cut off this year, but there always seems to be someone on the outside feeling that they should be playing for that crystal football. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. They could still have all of the money making bowl games, and even incorporate the bowls into the playoff system (8 teams go to 4 BCS bowls, the four winners advance, and so on). If anything, they would be able to make more money with the extra games. I just don't get it.

Well, as previously mentioned, Ohio State plays M*ch*g*n this week. I think the Buckeyes are a 20+ point favorite. This game always worries me because records really don't mean much. The favored teams have lost a plenty of times in the past. I feel confident that Ohio State will win, but I won't start celebrating until the clock reached double zero.

GO BUCKS!!

No comments: