Friday, November 07, 2008

Fun night....mostly

I had a pretty fun night last night. As you may know, Thursdays are made for bowling and poker. It was actually a 'hot and cold' night. First the hot part of bowling. I was hitting my mark from the word go. My first game was a 241. I started out with five strikes and then missed. My second game was better at a 258. Then, (I think it was the beer) I started screwing up. I threw a few splits, missed a few easy spares, and rolled a 165. Nice 90+ pin drop off, eh? I hit my 650 goal I mentioned yesterday, but could have rolled a 700+. It upset me a bit. On top of that, the team we bowled against was HOT. They kicked our asses. They had a new guy on the team and he rolled a 220 average. Yikes. The other guys did really well too and my team was a little off.

Poker went the same way. At first, our usual game was called off because no one had shown. So, My bowling buddies started a little game at the bowling ally. It turned into a decent sized game of 8 players until the bowling ally management asked us to stop. I won $30 there. I then got a call from our usual poker site saying game was on. I went over there and dropped $20. I got terrible cards. Still, all in all I had a fun night. I stayed up too late. I am dead tired now.

No comments: