Friday, November 21, 2008

Blah-ging

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I guess not too much interesting going on. Kind of a 'blah' week. Sure, the OSU vs M*ch*g*n game is tomorrow, but I am having a hard time getting up for the game. I'm sure I've mentioned that already. I am even skipping out on the day long OSU Alumni gig today, Hyper-Friday. Basically, the TBDBITL alum get on busses, get drunk, and play pep bands around Columbus. Fun times. Getting drunk is optional.

Question: is it weird to have a dream about a girl that you dated double digit years ago? I had a weird dream last night about a girl I used to date way back in the college years. Nothing dirty, just hanging out. She had a little girl with her, which was the weird part. I guess after all this time, children would be a possibility. Still, it was weird because she had errands to run and left her kid with me. Other than my kids, I do not see myself as the guy people would trust their children with.

I bowled OK last night. I had a 580 series. I keep hovering right at my 190 average. That is not bad, but I still am pretty frustrated with myself. I am nailing strikes, but missing probably 80% of my spares. That really irritates me. If I leave a split or a hard spare, I am OK, but easy one pin spares should be automatic. I may go to the bowling alley some time soon to just practice spares. I think a large part of it is that I have been throwing my first ball a little differently the past few weeks (slower). Since I roll the ball slower, it breaks more. When I throw a spare ball, I try to roll is straighter, but if it rolls slower, it breaks more.

A so-so poker week. I won $140+ Wednesday and lost $40 last night. Wednesday was a good luck night, last night was bad luck. I started winning early lst night, but lost my mojo when I flopped a flush and lost the hand to a full house on the river. It was about a $80 hand. Still, I played OK and made some good reads. I made my first $20 last several hours and only lost the second $20 because I was irritated and made too many dumb calls.

No comments: