Sunday, November 23, 2008

I need help

When I bought Fable 2, it came with a $15 ITunes gift card. Nice, huh? Well, I usually don't download my music, since I decided that I like buying the CD so that I have something tangible to hold on to, so I need to find 15 songs to download. I think I want to make an 80's play list. I like hair bands, nut not enough to really buy a whole CD. Anyway, what are some good 80's songs? I checked a VH1 list of the top 80's songs and was pretty disappointed. Not too much I would consider downloading. I guess there are some OK songs, but I want those songs that you can't help but sing along to. "Tainted Love", for example. So, what do you all think? What are those songs from the 80's that make your foot tap and booty shake? Keep in mind, I have most of the good hard rock songs from the 80's like Rush, GnR, AC/DC, and things like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been preferential to a 70s/80s mix...too much 80s and it all begins to sound the same. Anyhow, I'd throw in some David Bowie, Metallica, Ozzy Osborne, Blood Sweat & Tears, Queen, Phil Collins, Harry Connick Jr, Blues Brothers, and Michael McDonald. It's eclectic - possibly schizophrenic - but it turns out to be a fairly good mixture of stuff that breaks up the monotony that theme music lists tend to promote.

Anonymous said...

Stike Michael McDonald...I knew that sounded wrong from when I typed it...I meant Doobie Brothers.

Eric Rhodes said...

Thanks Herb. I will keep these groups in mind. Honestly, most 80's music is pretty rotten, but there are those few songs out there that kick ass. I am looking for those songs. I have alot of Metallica already and Jessica hates Ozzy for some reason.