Monday, November 24, 2008

I must be a teen girl

Jessica is a big fan of vampire books and movies. She has read all of those Ann Rice books and has seen the movies. We have been watching True Blood, a vampire show on HBO, and she has also read these 'teen' books that have come out recently. I don't know the author, but the first book was made into a movie and is called Twilight. Jessica has read all of the books in the series that are out and she dragged me to the movie that came out this past week. I was a little sceptical at first, since it was basically being promoted as a teen flick. Still, I kind of like the vampire movies too. All in all, I really liked this film. Yes, it a teen type movie, and there were a few things that we a little lame, but it was entertaining. I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Twilight was pretty much on the same level. It had funny stuff, pretty people, action, drama, good vs. bad......not a bad movie. I don't think it is for everyone, but I think I may start reading the books after all. Jessica said the books are on the same level as the Harry Potter line, so I may enjoy them.

3 comments:

Woody! said...

Twilight? Really? Ugh. You just might be a little girl.

Anonymous said...

I liked Buffy a lot, too. I'm sure I'll like Twilight, but I'll prolly wait until it's in Netflix.

Eric Rhodes said...

The movie really was better than I thought it would be. I had really low expectations though. It had some really cute girls in it, which helped.