Saturday, August 12, 2006

V. Not Just a Mini-Series About Lizard Aliens Anymore


As you may or may not know, I am a fan of The Matrix Trilogy. Three movies about Neo and Morphius and their fight to stop the machines that took over the earth. If you've seen the movies, you know what I'm talking about. If you have not, go to the video store and check them out. When I saw the first film, I was blown away. I didn't know much about it, as I think that the story was kept under wraps, so when the 'suprise' was revealed, it was pretty intense. The two following movies weren't as shocking (since you knew the secret) but they wrapped up the story, had stellar special effects, and great action sequences. If fact, I think tomorrow I may have a Matrix film fest.

Ok, the point. The makers of the Matrix movies have put out another film, called 'V for Vendetta'. It is based off of a comic (DC comics, I think) of the same name. I'd never read the comic or heard of the story before, but I was such a fan of the Matrix that I bought the DVD when it came out last week. I was not disappointed. The story is gripping and, like the Matrix, there are great action sequences and special effects. It is quite like 1984 (A GREAT book about a dystopic future). England is ruled by a strong government that keeps a tight reign on the populace. A masked figure rises up and starts a rebellion of sorts against the government. It's really quite interesting how everything plays out. Natalie Portman is in the film and plays a bit of a love interest for the main character know as V. I won't go into it too much because it is a good movie and worth a viewing. I don't know that I like it more than the Matrix, but I am working on watching this movie a second time as I type.

1 comment:

Mona said...

I just watched it last week, too. I thought it was good, but I was expecting something else (based off the trailers). I thought the main chick would become his apprentice and end up kicking ass. So, really I was looking for a chick-kicks-all-the-bad-guys-asses movie, and that's not really what happens. Still good, tho.