Monday, August 21, 2006

360 Update

As you may know, I recently bought an Xbox 360. For games, I bought Kameo and Prey. I have played both games now, and can give you my two cents on each.

Kameo is a game where you are an elf princess (please don't read into that.) who needs to go around the elf world and collect powers so that you can fight trolls. It was pretty fun. The graphics were pretty good, but there were times when the point of view would get a little out of control. What I mean is, if I would stand in a patch of grass and look up high, it would look like I laid down in the grass so that it would cover my head and block my view. I hope that makes sense. Really, that is the only glitch though. It was kinda fun because you would need to switch up your powers regularly in order to be successful in the game. Each power would make you morph into a different creature with specific abilities. For example, there was a dragon named Ash, a snow creature names 40 Below, and my favorite: Thermite, a small ant-like insect that hauled a huge, lava/mortar cannon on it's back. All in all, it was a fun game, but was definately a kid-geared game. I found that it was pretty easy to beat.

I haven't beaten Prey yet. I've only been able to put a few hours into it so far since it is rated M for mature, has foul language, and isn't appropriate for children. In this game, you are a Cherokee that is abducted by aliens. The goal for the game is to find your girlfriend (also abducted) and escape the ship. You find alien weapons as you go and need to find different ways to get through the ship. There are anti-gravity walkways that let you walk up-side down and on the walls in order to navigate the alien vessle. It's a little disorienting at times, but so far it's been pretty fun. Honestly, it's just making me want Halo 3.

Oh yeah, I just bought NCAA Football 07. I've played a few games and so far it is pretty difficult. You have a 25 second play clock, like in real life, but that means that you have to scroll though all the plays, pick one, get to the line and hike the ball in 25 seconds. It's a hard at times. I have picked a few favorites that I use, but it's still hard to play. I know that it's something that I need to get used to. The graphics are incredible. The game has all of the NCAA division 1 teams, all of their stadiums, all of their mascotts, and bands. It's pretty cool. I need to practice some more and figure out how to play a season.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

NCAA's always had the :25 clock, but something about it this year makes it seem MUCH faster. At least your wide receivers can actually catch the ball unlike the previous couple versions.

Congrats on the 360. I'm looking forward to getting one, too... someday.

*sigh*

Eric Rhodes said...

I am getting used to the time clock. I am thrilled with how fun this is do play. My new complaint is that there isn't too much difference in speed between the players. When Tedd Ginn Jr. gets the ball on a punt return, he should be able to turn the corner without getting caught from behind. I don't expect a TD every return, but when I get caught from behind with a 'track star' (yes, the commentators mention that he is a track star), I get irritated.