Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's about that time again.

It's time for most of my female readers to look at the title of my post, see that it is OSU football related, and them move on to a different web site. Well, sorry ladies, but the Buckeyes kick off the 2006 season in six days against Northern Ilinois University. At first, I wasn't too concerned about this game. But then, I saw some clips of the NIU running back out running entire defensive squads, including a 70 or 80 yard run against M*ch*g*n. I mean, this guy was FAST. With Ohio State's line backer corps depleated by the NFL, a fast running back could really cause some issues this coming Saturday. Something else that causes me some concern is that ESPN 'experts' have picked Ohio State to win the National Title. Add that to the pre-season #1 ranking and you might as well draw a big bullseye on the Buckeye football team this year. I liked it better when we started out low in the national rankings and OSU fans had to listen to all of the commentators talk about how badly Miami was going to kick Ohio State's ass in the title game. Well, I will remain optimistic, but will try not to get my hopes up too high. The game in Austin Texas in two weeks will probably be the best gauge as to whether or not the Buckeyes can reclaim the National Title this year.

No comments: