Monday, August 28, 2006

Something Funny (I think)

While going through the Sunday paper coupons, Jessica found something that I thought was kinda funny: A coupon for Vagasil. Now, I don't think it's funny that there was a yeast infection treatment coupon in the paper. I know it is a reality for some women and it's good that there is a product out there to take care of the situation. What I found funny is that there was a September 29th expiration date on the coupon. I guess if a woman is prone to getting yeast infestions on a regular basis, she may buy a supply to have on hand just in case, but the first thing that I tought of was a coupon crazed woman seeing that coupon and thinking, "Boy, I hope I get a yeast infection before this coupon expires." Maybe it's not as funny as I think it is, but I had a good chuckle. To be honest, I really don't see the need for these types of products to advertise. If you need vagasil, you know about it. It's like those commercials for medications perscribed by doctors. If you have herpes, you've gone to your doctor (hopfully) and he gave you (hopfully) the correct medication. If you have high blood pressure, your doctor should know about the different treatments. Sorry, I don't mean to get off track. I just don't see why some medications need commercials.

1 comment:

Mona said...

I think Vagisil is hoping that you'll buy their product and not the other guy's anti-itch product. I think that's why they advertise. But yeah, I get why you thought it was funny.