Friday, April 25, 2008

Various posts

I've been neglecting my blog. Sorry. I just haven't really been too into it, I guess.

-I am trying to play some cards tonight. I haven't won playing cards for a while. Terrible luck and, let's face it, bad card playing. Hopfully things turn around for me tonight.

-I really would like to become more of a baseball fan. Specifically, a Cleveland Indians fan. I was really into their play off run last year, but for some reason, I just can't get into the regular season. When you can say something like, "The Indians are 2 games below .500 with only 114 games to go." you know that the season is just too long. At least thatis my opinion. The people I really can't understand are these guys that play fantasy baseball. Who has time to track all of those stats? I don't. I think that my baseball fan status will have to be limited to checking out the scores on Sports Center.

-I was really disappointed with one of my NetFlix picks that I watched this week. It was a Simpsons compilation called Bart Wars. It shows a picture of homer and Bart in the Luke/Vader get ups crossing light sabers. I thought that maybe it was a Star Wars spoof, ala Family Guy's Blue Harvest, or at least some episodes with Star Wars references. I was wrong. I guess that's what I get for adding a DVD to my queue without reading the explaination. the DVD was only a set of four episodes with little to do with Star Wars. There was one episode that had Star Wars references, but the rest were old shows that I had seen and were second rate at best. Oh well. You live and you learn.

-I want to go on record that I STILL love my DVR. Last night we watched Grey's Anatomy while recording CSI and then watched CSI while recording Lost and ER. AWESOME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like baseball pretty well. I don't go to games too often, but when I do, I have fun. The Indianapolis Indians are cool, but I started liking baseball after watching the Colorado Rockies. Go Rockies! :)

Eric Rhodes said...

Maybe I would be more of a fan if I went to games. I really want to try to go to a Browns game this year. Maybe I will try to squeeze in an Indians game too. I REALLY hope that my OSU football tickets this season are for a decent game. Come to think about it, I would like to go to a Columbus Crew game too (soccer). Sporting tickets can be SO expensive though.

Anonymous said...

DRV is pretty darn cool. We got rid of ours though. I watch MUCH less TV without it. (Although, now I spend more time online, so I guess it evens out....) Also, I found that most shows I watch are available online anyway, so I just watch them at my leisure.

So much for being more active...

Woody! said...

DVR is the best!