Monday, April 14, 2008

Starting to get that Football feelin'

Although it is only April, and there is still about five months before the OSU football season officially kicks off, I am already starting to get the OSU Football jones. Probably because the Spring Game is this Saturday. I don't kow if we will be going to the game, but it officially indicates the start of the 2008 season. It is the first taste of the football team as they shake the winter rust off and prepare for another run to the National Title. Honestly, I think it is going to be a great season this year. The Buckeyes only lost four or five starters, so they are basically fielding the same team that went to the title game last year. This is the season that they were suppsed to go to the title game. Last year was supposed to be a 'rebuilding season'.

Another thing that is exciting is that Ohio State signed the top ranked QB prospect, Terrelle Pryor. It was between Penn State, M*ch*g*n, and the Buckeyes. People are already compating him to Vince Young. He is big, fast, and has a cannon for an arm. He never had any real competition in highschool, so going to the college ranks could be a shocker to him. I saw an interview and he seemed pretty full of himself. I am hoping that we don't have another Clarette on our hands. One good thing is that I think he wears number 13, so if he lives up to the hype, I won't have to hear anymore Clarette comments when I wear my number 13 jersey.

Big games of note: at USC, at Wisconsin, Penn State, at Illinois, and M*ch*g*n. The biggest challenge will probably be the game against the Trojans. I remember the home/away series against Texas a few years ago. It was a great series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...it feels like football just ended for me.

Eric Rhodes said...

It's always football season.