Friday, April 11, 2008

For You, Betsy

A while back when I was asking what movies I should add to my NetFlix queue, Betsy asked me to review There Will Be Blood. I had seen commercials and thought that the movie lookes interesting, so I added the movie to my list. It arrived yesterday and I watched it today. Honestly, it was nothing at all like I thought it would be. The previews I have seen made the film look like an old Western movie. I was expecting shoot outs, stage coach chases, you get the meaning. Although this movie was based in the west, it revolved around the big oil rush to Texas. No shoot outs, no chases. Daniel Dey Lewis played the main character, who was an oil prospector that hit it rich. If you remember Gangs of New york, Daniel Day Lewis played the leader of the racist gang and was a real bastard. He is kind of a bastard in this movie too. Although, I won't be buying the film to watch over and over, I somewhat enjoyed the movie. It was very well acted and there were some very engrossing scenes. I guess if you are interested in this film, be wary that it may not be what you expected. Still, entertaining. It is long though, almost three hours. There are some slow spots, but not enough to really turn me off to the movie. I may even watch it again if Jessica wants to watch it tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Eric!! You're quite the reviewer. I think some of the things you didn't expect or possibly like about the movie are exactly what I'll enjoy. So, I think "There Will Be Blood" will go to the top of my at home movie list. :)