Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not sure what I think about this.....

Watching TV last night, I saw a commercial that took me off guard. I wasn't really paying attention, so I wasn't sure I saw what I saw. Instant replay (DVR) confirmed the call on the field and a new Knight Rider series is set for the 2008 season. As the title indicates, I am not sure how I feel about this. I was a fan of the old show, staring David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and his kick ass, bullet-proof, talking car, KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand). Knight would drive around the country helping those in need. Some of the most memorible episodes included KITTs evil twin, KARR and a huge, armored semi truck (I forget the truck's name). Obviously, TV producers are through looking for new ideas. Battlestar Galactica seems to have opened the flood gates for remakes of the 80 sci-fi show. Now, we have Bionic Woman, which I don't watch anymore (it bored me), BSG, a GREAT show, Doctor Who, another great show, and soon, Knight Rider. Plus, there are movies based on old shows coming out as well (Get Smart comes to mind). I know that originality in television and movies is a think of the past, but you would think that they would make more of an effort to produce something new. Look at Cloverfield, a movie with the Bad Robot label of JJ Abrams. I haven't seen it, but watching the preview, does anyone else think it is Godzilla all over again? I am a little suprised by this, considering the one truly original show, Lost, is a Bad Robot production. I guess that there just aren't any new ideas out there.

3 comments:

Woody! said...

I'm interested in the new Knight Rider take. I see it being a cheesy revival ala American Gladiators.

Besides, we need something new on the air while the writer strike reges on.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving Lost. I'm watching Season two. Michael just shot a bunch of people. I was astonished. Season 3 will soon be in my Netflix que. Yay! BSG is a good show, btw.

Eric Rhodes said...

I rate to tell you, but I feel season 3 of Lost loses some steam. Still pretty good though. I think I am just losing patience with all of the mysteries and questions. And yes. BSG ROCKS!!!

I forget if I mentioned, but I am enjoying the new Terminator TV series as well. At least, I like it after two episodes. I still have the 3rd to watch on DVR.