Monday, January 28, 2008

General stuff

1. I started playing Marvel Universe Ultimate Alliance this weekend. It was free with my latest Xbox. I finished Bioshock and wanted to play something new. I think I am getting frustrated with Halo 3 and not getting better in the multi player stuff. Plus, I can never find buddies online to play with. Anyway, I guess MUUA is OK. I don't really like third person perspective in games, but it is unavoidable in this case. It would be too hard to make this a first person game. My favorite mutant to use is Wolverine. Probably because he is my favorite mutant. All in all, this is not my favorite game, but it is good enough to make me want to finish it.

2. Jessica wrecked her car last week. I am not thrilled with the situation, but at least she is OK. It was not a serious accident, be the car was totaled. I am just glad that I got the top grade insurance on the car, or else I would have been screwed. We would have lost money instead of getting a check from the insurance company. I am going to use it to put a down payment on a new car. I should say a used car. I can't afford a new car. Really, I just want something that Jessica can drive to work and back. I don't mind doing most of the driving. I am thinking another Toyota or a Honda. Those cars are usually reliable for a long time.

3. I got my butt kicked in cards last Friday. I couldn't catch a hand to save my life. The best hand that I got all night was a king high flush and I got my ass kicked by a straight flush. It was pretty frustrating. I played for five hours, so I wasn't being wreckless, it was more like a slow, painful, bleeding of chips from my stack. You will have nights like that though. Considering that I have been winning money most of the time, it is OK when I lose a bit. I really take those nights as learning experiences. To put it into perspective, I once read an interview with some pro poker players, and one of them said that it was not a big deal to lose $1mil in a month because you will likely win it back next month. WOW! Anyway, I have been keeping track of my poker money since January 1st and I am only down $40 so far for 2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...good thing Jess is OK. That sucks that the car got totaled. Not cool. You should get a Honda. They are cool....or maybe you could get a Prius! Good gas mileage!

Eric Rhodes said...

I think that the Prius is too new for us. I don't think that I want to get her a new car. We'll see though.

Amy :) said...

I'm glad Jessica's ok, but man buying cars SUCKS. Good luck finding something. And hopefully your next poker game will go better!

Anonymous said...

I'll add to the sentiment, "glad Jessica wasn't hurt!" Your family's all about getting injured right now, huh?
So my personal vote for the new car is something European, but since those are either way to expensive (BMW) or not reliable (Volkswagen), I'll go with the Honda vote. They've done much more with styling than Toyota. We'll be starting the car search soon. Our lease is up on our sedan this June, and we're taking the plunge to BUY a car. Scary, because we kill cars around here. They all get sick and die early violent deaths. Thus the years of leasing. But it would be so nice to not have car payments for a few years...