Monday, January 07, 2008

General Posts

1. The Halo 3 online servers have been a little slow lately and I have been a little frustrated with the lack of my friends playing H3 lately, so I put Halo 3 aside for a while this weekend. Try not to gasp too hard so that you don't choke on your gum. Anyway, I revisited Bioshock. I had posted about it a long time ago, but I hadn't played it too much at that time. Basically, it is a first person shooter with some different angles. You still get your main weapons, which increase in power as you go along (wrench, then postol, machine gun, shot gun, etc.), but you also have the opportunity to use 'plasmids'. Plasmids are genetic upgrades that give you special powers. It is kind of like mixing a game like Fable (where you gain experience and pick up new powers and abilities) and a classic FPS. I am REALLY liking it. I loved Fable and I love shooters. You have to go through and complete quests while killing and explloring. LOTS of fun.

2. I did put Halo 3 back in after a while because I downloaded some new maps. I wish I had saved my Xbox Live credits. The maps are huge and confusing and only used in team games. I usually play solo and am not too good in the team matches. I guess I like capture the flag, but there are some games I don't like too much. Plus, since I am a solo guy joining in the big game, none of the teams I join really communicate. You need communication for for these big games. I will give the maps a few more tries, but will revert back to the traditional maps after some time.

3. Was that Betsy Reutz postin' on my blog? Hi Betsy! Good to hear from you! I always feel bad when I am reminded that I live no more that 30 minutes away from my highschool and college friends. I am such a jerk for never calling or visiting. There's Betsy, Heather, Rinnert used to be here, and I have LOTS of Ohio State buddies in the area. I guess that's the way of life. I think I am DEFINATELY going to have a cookout this spring/summer. I have a nice area for it with the deck. I am thinking probably spring since my deck gets really hot in the summer. Food, drink, good people, and good times.

4. Oh yeah. Big game tonight. I have probably beat the Ohio State vs. Louisiana State National Title Game to death, so I will just say: GO BUCKS!!! Hopfully they confuse the LSU purple and gold with M*ch*g*n's maize and blue. I predict a close game that will come down to the wire. Either team could win, but hopfully OSU will avenge last years embarassment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - it's me Betsy Ruetz. We really do need to get together! I feel the same way about never seeing you and rarely seeing Heather. A cookout sounds fun! Maybe we can be daring and try to get together before this Spring...

Eric Rhodes said...

I know youre name is not Ruetz anymore, but I find it hard calling my female friends by their married names. Actually, I have a hard time remembering them. I think Heather DoForno is the only last name I remember. We always called this girl I work with 'Sellers' (her last name) and she got married, I still call her Sellers. Amy will always be Amy Kronberg to me as well. Does that make me a bad person?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. No you're not a bad person. I actually don't acknowledge married names either. It's just easier to remember an old name versus a new name. :) I actually haven't even officially changed my name to Schultz. I've been living in this weird limbo for 8 years. I get sorta use both names. Right now I'm feeling more Ruetz than Schultz...

Anonymous said...

I probably won't change my last name, Eric....so it will be easy for you to remember my name. :)

Anonymous said...

varcevanje energije [url=http://www.avtomobilii.info]poslovni avtomobili[/url]