Thursday, November 02, 2006

Prey....Pretty Kick Ass

I think that I mentioned that I bought a game called Prey for my Xbox 360. Well, it was a frst person shooter game and it was pretty damn good. You play a Cherokee that wants his girlfriend to move off of the reservation for bigger and better things. She wants to stay. Well, in the middle of the fight, aliens attack and transport you (Tommie), his girlfriend, and Tommie's grandfather up to the mother ship. Sounds pretty weird, I know. I actually put the game away for a while because it started out a little slow. Basically, you need to find gramps, your lady, and get off of the ship. This game is similar to most shooters, in that, you run around shooting things while navigating the maze-like ship. What makes this game unique is that there are anti-gravity ramps that you need to walk on and other things that make the whole room turn and flip. It is pretty disorienting at times. You also need to figure out puzzles in order to get though the ship. You get all sorts of cool weapons. Another thing that is unique is that when you die, you enter the spirit world (you're a Cherokee, remember.) and you need to shoot these wraiths to give yourself life again. It was strange at first, but all in all, I really enjoyed playing the game. I stayed up until 1:00 last night to beat it. The game, sick-os. If you have a 360 and like shooting games, give Prey a try. It's not Halo good, but it is good.

4 comments:

Woody! said...

Have you played the Dead Rising game yet? You know the one with the zombies in the mall?

Eric Rhodes said...

No, I haven't played that yet. I think the next game that I want to get is called Gears of War (or something like that). Another shooter. Loks pretty cool. I just can't wait for Halo 3 to come out. Whenever that may be.

Anonymous said...

I like playing Tetris. :)

Eric Rhodes said...

Yeah, Tetris rocks. All those old Nintendo and Atari games are great. Galaga is cool too.