Monday, May 01, 2006

Sorry, it's been a while.......

Wow, it's been two weeks since my last post. Sorry to my loyal reader. It's been a busy couple of weeks. We were back and forth to my parent's house in Monvlova (near Toledo) because Jessica's grandma was sick and passed away last week. We went the first weekend because she was in the hospital and the outlook was not good. Last weekend we went up for the funeral. It was a sad time. I'm glad that we were able to get up there though. It was a wierd experience for me. We were all in the hospital room and Jessica's grandma took a serious decline (her blood pressure was low and she was having trouble breathing), so everyone sorta started to urge her into the light, if you catch my meaning. It was a little morbid. I won't get into it too much, because it is sort of a personal time for people and I don't think I should broadcast about it on the net any more than I already have. It was just a strange experience for me. Of course, Jessica's grandma lasted several more days. She was a tough lady. Nice too.

Well, enough of that. I was really busy after we got home Saturday evening. I mowed the grass and started some projects out in the yard. Sunday we bought some flowers to plan in the yard. I planted a few bushes and planned where my garden will be. The biggest project was putting down a stone landing at the foot of my patio steps. I put down about 130 square stones. There were about six inches wide, so it's not like I broke my back carrying the things. It looks good though. Oh, my fence is up around my back yard too. It looks really good. I had grand plans about flower beds all over the place, but time and money constraints will limit what all I do.

The worst part about this time of year is that I ALWAYS get poison something (either ivy, oak, or sumac). I just need to touch it once and I get a rash all over. It get into my system and I get rashes all over the place. It's not too bad this year, but it's irritating. I just don't know where I got it from. I guess I have some in my back yard somewhere. Grrrrr..... Remember, leaves of three, leave it be!

5 comments:

Mona said...

Sorry to hear about Jess' Grandma.

My main irritant during summer is mosquitos. Hate the little bastards because they love me. I need to spray myself down even if I'm going for a short walk in the neighborhood. And I finally bought shorts for this summer (I usually just wear capree pants). This could be bad.

Eric Rhodes said...

They love you 'cause you're so sweet. Wait, they love me too, so sweetness can't be it....

Mona said...

Hmmmm....maybe it's tall people that they love?

Eric Rhodes said...

Maybe you should try a citronella (sp?) candle B. That usually seems to help me out. They're pretty cheap. Seems to me that bees are your bane. I remember that emergency room visit we took after you got stung once. Fun. (did I just use the word 'bane'?)

Woody! said...

Also sorry to hear about Jess's grandma. Good job putting down all those stones. Have fun with the rashes!