Monday, May 15, 2006

Things To Look Forward To

there's lots of things for me to look forward to in the next few weeks. This Saturday, I am hosting a poker game (starts at 7:00 if you are interested). I enjoy poker quite a bit. I wish I could play it more often than I do. Maybe now that my bowling league is done, I can get into more games. I'm also taking the weekend off so that I can get my garden started. Sure, that's alot of work, but it's more fun than sitting at my computer all day. Next weekend, We will celebrate Alydia's first birthday. Her actual birthday is Thursday the 25th, but the party will be Sunday the 28th (at noon if you're interested). It should be pretty fun. We're going to have brats, burgers, and Tony Paco's dogs. If you've never had a Paco's dog, you're really missing out. It's a Toledo based resturant. YUM. Of course we'll have cake and other bad for you foods. (We're taking a break from our diet.)

In theaters, there are three movies coming up in the next few weeks. This weekend, The Davinci Code will be in theaters. I've read the book and it was pretty good. It should make a good movie. If you've never read the book, it's got all of the elements to make a good movie: action, intrigue, sexual undertones, and it's got Tom Hanks as the star and Ron Howard as the director. That alone should make the movie worth the time. I'm not sure if we will be able to make it out though. Memorial weekend, X-Men 3 will be coming out. It looks pretty good. All of the original cast is returning in the third installment of the X-Men movie series. I've seen a few commercials, but have not seen the trailer yet. Finally, Cars is going to be out in early June. It is a Disney/Pixar movie about cars that are alive. I've seen a few commercials and think that Gabriel will LOVE it. He likes cars and he lokes cartoons. It's really a sure thing that he will want to see this. I may wait for the DVD for this one too. Gabe's attention span is that of a four year old's. Oh year...he IS four. Makes sense.

I was also thinking of having a just friends cookout/poker/Xbox/whatever party sometime in the near future. I'd like to invite my highschool, college, and work friends. That's alot of people, but I think we have enough room with the new house. The patio will help, just so long as the weather is nice. Of course, all of my faithful readers would be invited. I'm thinking, probably Late June or sometime in July. Of course, it could be hotter than heck by then. We'll see. Maybe I should wait until September..... When could y'all make it?

No comments: