Thursday, May 11, 2006

NetFlix screw up

As you may know, I use NetFlix for my DVD rental needs. Lately, I have been getting Star Trek Voyager DVDs. They generally include four episodes per DVD. That means that I have four hours of background noise while I work. Well, instead of sending the next three Voyager DVDs, as listed on my queue, NetFLEX sent me three cinema movies. They were on my list, but we not at the top of the list. They sent The Devil's Rejects, Hostle, and The Incredibles is on the way. I need to check the web site to see if there is a way I can complain. The problem is, if I get a movie that Jessica wants to see, I need to wait until she watches it before I send it back. I need to send movies back in order to get new movies. Since we've been watching back episodes of the Sopranos together, I've been getting Star Trek DVDs for while I work. Now, I need to hold on to Hostle and The Incredibles until the weekend we that we can all watch them. Oh well. This is the first screw up I can report in regards to NetFlix. I've been thrilled with the service.

I figured that Jessica wouldn't want to watch The Devil's Rejects, so I watched it yesterday. It's Rob Zombie's second movie, a sequil to House of 1000 Corpses. We didn't like 1000 Corpses too much, but I had heard that The Devil's Rejects was better. It was, but not too much. Basically, House of 1000 Corpses is about a bass-ackwards, hill-jack family that lifes in BFE Texas, and the capture people and kill them. It was pretty gruesome, but also a bit silly and wierd. The highlight of the film was Zombie's wife, who is hot. She plays one of the crazy psych killers. Picture Jessica Simpson's Daisy Duke, only mean. She's in The Devil's Rejects too. The movie continues the story from the end of 1000 Corpses. There is more plot and action, and less sillyness. It's a pretty gross film and is definately NOT one to watch with the kiddies. I made sure that Alydia was napping and Gabriel was playing in the basement when I watched it. The first hour is good, then it gets a little stupid for about a half hour, but the end is OK, if not predictable. If you are into slasher films, with realistic effects, this is a pretty good film to watch. I was grossed out a few times.

No comments: