Monday, October 24, 2005

Thinkgs to look forward to:

OSU has four games left this year. Seems like the season has gone by really quickly.

10/29 at Minnesota 12:00 PM
11/05 Illinois TBD
11/12 #21 N'western TBD
11/19 at #25 Michigan TBD

Illinois should be a W, but Minnesota, Northwestern, and Michigan are all big games for the Buckeyes. Northwestern worries me after they handled Michigan State. At least we have them at home. The Big Ten race is still up in the air. Penn State is definately on top of the Big Ten being 7-1, but they stil have Purdue, Wisconsin, and M. State. I'm amazed that Jo Pa was able to turn them around so quickly. Well, I don't mean this to be a fooball post, so I'll drop it for now.

Back to the subject at hand, the thinks I am looking forward to in the near future:

11/01/05 - Star Wars III is out on DVD. I liked most parts of this movie. The two things I can remember that irritated me were when Obi Wan rode that big lizard like a cow boy and when Darth Vader, the baddest of the bad, screams 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' when told that Padme died. I never hear James Earl Jones' voice sound wussie before. I think it would have been better to have him stand in a silent rage and have the Force shake stuff instead.

11/05/05 - Poker Night. I am going to have a poker game at my place. It's a Saturday and I'm starting up around 7:00. Let me know if you want to come.

10/28/2005 - We are going up to Toledo for the weekend. I'm hoping to catch up with my buddy Ben. He and his new wife live about five minutes from my parents. Plus, my mom said that she'd watch the kids so that Jessica and I can go out Friday night. Byblos baby! The best food ever. Plus, we may try to see Serenity finally.

11/18/2005 - Harry Poter and the Goblet of Fire hits the theaters. The book was great. I'm hoping that the movie is just as good, but I fear that they will need to cut alot of details to make the movie short enough to show. I hope that they will do what they did with The Lord of the Rings DVDs and add extra scenes that had to be deleted. The trailers look good though.

11/19/2005 - OSU vs Michigan. No matter what the records are for these teams, it is always the game of the year. I would rather both teams be undefeated going into this game because it adds a bit more excitement, but no matter what, the game is huge.

11/24/2005 - Thanksgiving. Normally, this is not a huge deal, but this year we are going to have the big dinner at out place. It is the first time ever, only because it is the first time that we have had enough room. We'll have my parents, Jessica's parents, and probably my aunt, uncle, and grandma and Jessica's grandma. Our brothers may come too, but I don't count on it.

11/22/2005 - The new System of a down cd, Hypnotize, will be released. I love SOAD. They rock! I have read the first song off of the album, also called Hypnotize, in concert and on the radio. It's pretty good.

12/06/2005 - The new Korn cd, See You on the Other Side, will be released. I have heard the released song, Twisted Transistror, on the radio. It's different, but good.

Well, that's about all for the next month or so. Lots of things to look forward to.

5 comments:

Woody! said...

That's a good list. I should probably start doing things like that maybe once a month so future events don't sneak up on me.

I liked Obi Wan on the lizard, but agree with you about the scream. Just him smashing stuff would have been more effective.

Eric Rhodes said...

I think my problem with the lizard was that it was a bit over used and a bit over the top. It was hard to swallow that anyone, even a Jedi, could hold on to a big lizard through al of that action. I'm just being nit picky, whatever that means. Of the three new films, Sith was definately the best.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you're hosting Thanksgiving? Good luck! That seems like such an ... adult thing to do. Which sounds stupid, since we're both married, you've got kids and we've got one on the way, you own a house, we all pay bills and have jobs, etc. But hosting Thanksgiving is like, that last huge hurdle into adulthood. Again I say good luck!

Mona said...

BYBLOS ROCKS! Yeah, it does! The last time I went to Toledo we went to the Tandoor instead of Byblos. I think I'm due, now. And good luck with Thanksgiving! That will be a lot of fun. Just have fun with it and don't stress out over the large crowd.

Eric Rhodes said...

Wow. I didn't think that Thanksgiving was such a big deal. I guess because we've had big groups to our old place for kids birthdays and such. Well, NOW, I'm nervous about it! Just kidding. Jessica's dad is going to help with the cooking and I'm sure my mom and aunt will being food too. I'll just have to sit back and get fat(er) on turkey.