Sunday, October 23, 2005

My Weekend

It was sort of a busy weekend for us. First, I had to work, so that takes up most of my day. On top of working, several of Jessica's family members were in town to celebrate her grandpa's birthday. So, this means a family dinner on Friday night and then a big party Saturday night. Don't get me wrong, I like Jessica's family, but I tend to get over loaded with too much family contact. Friday was ok. We had a pot luck type dinner. It was pretty good. The idea of playing some poker came up, so I ran home and got my chips. We only had four players, but it was pretty fun. Mostly because I won. Poker can always change a dull evening to a good time. One thing that we weren't too happy about is that Jessica's aunt brought her kids, who were 25 and 17 (he brought a friend). That's not the problem. The problem was that the 17 year old was allowed to drink beer. I know under aged drinking goes on. I drink in college when I was 19, but I was out on my own and responsible for my own actions. Oh well, what can you do? Another problem is that the entire family if a bunch of chain smokers, so we smelled like ash trays when we left.

Saturday was ok too. More people, more smokers, and more cards. It was another four person game. I would have probably won, but we called it after getting down to two players and just split the money (I am still up $50, so I didn't mind). Saturday had a larger variety of wierd people. There were a lot of gay folk there. I don't have a problem with that, but sometimes gays and lesbians can be a bit off. I really like Jessica's dad's friend George and Joe. Especially George. He is quite funny. It seems like the lesbians are more off than gay men. They always seem very full of themselves. At least that is my observation from last night and from my aunt's 'friend' Ann. She was always really sarcastic and kind of negative. Anyway, it was definately a different scene from what I am used to. It is definately an interesting experience going to a party with Jessica's dad's friends, who are mostly all gay, and Jessica's dad's family, who are mostly rednecks.

About half way through the party, a older man (late 50' or 60's) and a younger woman (late 30's or 40's) arrived together. Let's just say that the woman had 'look at me' syndrome. She was attractive, but was wearing a open middle shirt and jeans that should have been on a girl shorter and smaller than she. I think I saw her ass crack twice (no panties apparently). I don't mind seeing ass crack, but she just seemed to be trying entirely too hard. I tried to walk through the room she was in (it was her dancing alone and two men talking) to get to the dining room and she tried to make me dance with her. Apparently, she didn't notice my wedding ring or my fiesty wife that would beat the crap out of both of us. I declined. If she would have asked me three years and one wedding ago, I may have accepted. As I mentioned, she was attractive. I was bothered again when, not only were the 17 year olds allowed to drink, but there was a pot somking room upstairs that they frequented as well. I guess I'm just not a cool parent because I would NOT allow my children to drink, smoke, or do drugs while living in my house. When they move out, they can do whatever they want. They had just better not expect me to bail them out if they act stupid.

A happy note about Saturday: Ohio State CRUSHED Indiana. The defense was incredible again. The offense was pretty good too. One negative was when Tedd Ginn was stripped of the ball and IU scored a touchdown. It seemed to me that he was down due to the fact that his forward progress had stopped, but the officials didn't agree. Tedd Ginn had a punt return for a touchdown ans a 97 yard kick off return that was called back for a illegal block. He is so fast. After he turned the corner on the punt return, you could tell when he slowed down a bit and he was still going as fast as his blockers. Wow.

No comments: