Thursday, April 13, 2006

Good Times

So, I'm in a pretty good mood today. Sure, I have to work ten hours in my basement, but that's OK. The past few days have been very nice outside. 75 degrees and sunny. Spring is definately my favorite time of the year. The weather is nice, trees are turning green, plants are popping up, and there are no bugs yet. I hate bugs. The only negative is all the weeds I have coming up all over the place. Oh well. I bought some bushes: two roses, red and black raspberries, and a blueberry. I also have started some flower and herb seeds (I love fresh herbs. Rosemary, basil, dill, cilantro and chives). I think I need to throttle down though. My plans for my back yard may be exceeding the amount of time I have to actually work in my yard. Plus, my budget is not a big as I'd like. Well, when my fence is finally installed, I was going to put flower beds all around the place. I would need to take a full week off to acomplish what I would want to. So, I will just plant my bushes and put in my vegetable garden in. I'll put off the rest of my plans for next spring. Another part of the problem is that I have no idea what is coming up in my yard. We moved in September 1st last year, so we missed almost all of the plants that are coming up. It looks like we have tulips all over the place. I like tulips, but may have to remove some of them due to their placement. Anyway, I guess my point is I need to wait and see what is going one back there before I plant more stuff. The roses and raspberries were necessities though. They are both favorites of mine. I also bought some strawberries to put in planters on my deck. Mmmmmmm....Berries.

Another part of why I am happy is because I was able to get all of the Sopranos DVDs at a fair price. I got seasons 1 and 2 on Ebay for $30 each. I started bidding on 3 and 4, but noticed that I probably would have to schell out $40 or so for these DVD sets, so I thought I'd check WalMart and see their prices. I'd seen the DVDs at target and Best Buy for about $90 each, but found them at Wally World for $50 (seasons 3 and 4) and $60 (season 5). I snatched them up. Yes, it's more than I'd have paid on Ebay, but I am an instant gratification kind of guy. Impulse buying is the term. Regardless, I now have all of the DVDs and am happy.

No comments: