Thursday, February 23, 2006

Help Wanted

So, We've decided that we are going to paint in Gabriel's room. He so into Star Wars and Star Wars toys that we are going to go with a Star Wars theme. We'll paint the walls all (not sure what color) and put some glow in the dart stars all over the place and then either find someone to paint a Vader mask or a Death Star on the wall. As the icing on the cake, I am trying to find Star Wars Diecast ships to hang from the ceiling in a battle type formation. THAT has been the hard part. I can't find any of the ships that I want to hang. Well, I guess that's not true. I have found Vader's TIE Fighter (which I have learned is not named TIE because it looks like a bow tie. It stands for Twin Ion Engine or Exhaust. not 100% sure), Boba Fett's
Slave One
, and two standard TIE Fighters. I have my mom looking too, and she has found a
Mellenium Falcon
. I just can't find any Rebel ships. I need X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, and B-wings. I'll be happy with X-wings, since I'm not 100% sure that the other ships are out there to buy. I think the Y-wing and A-wing are, but not the B-wing. I've searched Toys-R-Us, KMart, Meijer, and WalMart (sorry Bryan) to try to find these ships. Therre is no where that I have found to buy them online (except for Ebay, but I don't want to pay for the toy plus get gouged for shipping). So, what I would like, is for you fine friends of mine to keep an eye out when you go to a toy store or one of the mega marts mentioned above and look for some Rebel ships. There seems to be a bunch of Clone Wars and Sith vehicles out there, just not the old school Rebel ships. Anyway, if you see one and could pick one up for me, I would appreciate it. I would reimburse you and even cover shipping fees if you are not in Columbus. I'd be happy with a few X-wings, but any Rebel ship is welcome.

Diest update : I am 1/4 of the way to my goal of losing 100 pounds. I need to get on our treadmill some more, but the diet is working pretty good.

No comments: