Friday, February 17, 2006

the best $17.99 per month I've ever spent

Sorry that it's been a while since I've posted. I feel like Rinnert. I haven't had too much going on lately, so nothing to write. I do have some good material for when I have time for a long post. We emptied some more boxes and Jessica found something interesting. I'll give you one clue: WWW. If you can guess what this might be, you get bonus points. Granted, the points are worthless, but hey, they are a bonus. It should be funny for those of you that went to high school with me.

OK. The best $17.99 per month I've spent. You may have read about this on Amy's blog: NexFlix. I have heard the commercials and have thought about getting NetFlix before, but I finally just went to the site and signed up. If you've never heard of it, you pay a flat monthly fee and then you add DVDs t a 'que' of movies that you want to watch. NetFlix then sends you the first movies (or movies) on you list. If you pay the flat $9.99 per month, you get one movie at a time. If you pay $17.99, you get three movies at a time. I went with the Cadillac version. You then return the movie in a pre-paid envelope and they send you next DVD. I signed up on Monday and got my first three movies on Wednesday. The cool thing is that the movies come in individual envelopes so you can watch one, return it, and get the ball rolling on receiving your next movie. I'm going to try to milk this as much as I can to watch as many DVDs as I can. It will be easy since I watch DVDs while I work. Since I'm not going to pay any extra, I will be more likely to take chances on movies that I may not have watched otherwise. I started out by getting the first three disks of season one of the Soprano's. I've always wanted to see the show, but never had HBO. So far, it is really good. Sex, violence, drama, the Mob. It's got everything. So anyway, if you watch many DVDs, I recommend that you check out NeFlix. Apparently, they are kicking Blockbuster's ass because I saw a commercial from Blockbuster indicating that they are going to start going DVD rentals in the same way as NetFlix. Nothin like trying to play catch up.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

Uh oh, that's not the Woodrow Words of Wisdom, is it? I haven't seen them in forever. I bet I could find them but I am a little afraid to crack them open.

As for Netflix, sounds ideal for you. Personally, I don't think I could because renting videos is an impuslive thing and not simething I could plan in advance. Just watch out that you don't get "throttled."

Eric Rhodes said...

Wow. Thanks for the head up, Woody. And yes. You get the prize. WWW = Woodrow's Words of Wisdom. Look for select exurps in the near future. (If that's ok by the author.)