Monday, June 09, 2008

drawing a blank lately

Not many posts of late.....sorry about that. I guess I have been drawing a blank when it comes to what to write. I guess I can give you a general update:

- We took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda. It was really good. Some of it was silly Jack Black comedy that could have been left out, but the animation was great, the story was good, and the kids really liked it. I did too.

- BSG finally seems to be taking off this season. It had better. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. The last Cylon, Earth, Starbuck, why did they turn Apollo into a whiney bitch, etc. Last episode was really good.

- Noah met his bio-dad this weekend. they had been chatting on the phone and via internet for some time now, but they had never met face to face. Mostly because the guy is a bit of an asshole. I won't get into it too much, but Noah said he had a good time visiting with his 'other family'. I am hoping that it makes Noah appreciate what he has here. I would like to think that a weekend in a trailer park would make him see just how hard Jessica and I work for him and the other kids. Not that there is anything wrong with trailer parks, but I think Noah was happy to be back in his own room. With three other kids, I have no idea where they would all have slept. We (Jessica and I) are never going to have a relationship with these people (I think that someone who is behind on child support and has never sent his child a birthday card or Christmas present is a scum bag) but if Noah wants to, there is really nothing we can do about it. I just don't understand why he would want to see them. Personally, I would be pissed at someone that has never really made any effort to be in my life. I just hope that these people don't expect invitations to summer cookouts and family gatherings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Noah is just curious. It's a natural thing to wonder what your bio-parent is like. I think it's good that you guys are allowing him to do it.

Eric Rhodes said...

I know that it is something that we need to let him do. If not he will start resenting us. Besides, it is nice to have a occasional break from a moody teen. I just wish that he wasn't so excited by it all. It kind of makes me feel like a crappy parent.

Woody! said...

The bio-dad thing sounds like a rough thing for everyone concerned. I think you're making the right decision (even though I bet it is tough) in letting Noah learn where he came from.

Completely changing topics, I got a working Xbox Live headset so you and I should play on there. I meant to tell you through Xbox messaging but I accidentally deleted you from my friend's list. Can you add me again? Thanks!

Betsy said...

I agree with everyone - you're doing the right thing. It must be very hard, though! I admire you. Noah will be curious for a while, but he'll figure it out soon enough.