Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fierce Storms Last Night

Last night Noah came into our room and told us he could hear the tornado sirens. Great. We tried to turn our the TV to see what the weather report was, but since we don't get any networks (yup. still) we had to rely on The Weather Channel and the radio. Basically a huge line of storms was traveling straight down I-70 towards Columbus. We live off of I-70. We are all fine and the house seems like it is all in one piece, but the wind and rain last night was a bit scary. I would like to turn on the TV to see what, if any, kind of damage was done, but as previously mentioned, we have no local networks. There were a few thunder booms that literally shook me. It is the only time that I can remember actually FEELING thunder. It was a little scary.

2 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

To get back to my TV issues, someone is here to 'fix' my satellite TV again. they sent a supervisor this time and he said that they put my dish in a spot that is blocked by a tree. Nice. He may have to move it, so my thoughts are that I am going to have holes in my siding. Great. If this doesn't work, I am going back to cable.

Betsy said...

They should pay for damage they cause by being stupid.

Good to hear you're all OK. That was a bad storm. I stayed awake until it was all over even though it was a bit south of us. We lost power. Typical. We always lose power.