Monday, June 23, 2008

Open letter from Time Warner to Eric - I told you so.

You may remember that I switched from Time Warner Cable to Dish Network a whild back to get the Big Ten Network. The OSU vs. Wisconsin game was going to be on the Big Ten Network and I wasn't going to miss it (Time Warner doesn't carry the network). I was pretty happy with Dish Network. More channels, more HD channels, more DVR space, Sirius radio, and The Big Ten Network. All for, basically, the same price as cable. HOWEVER, things have since changed. If you don't know, when you use satellite TV, you pick up different channels from different signals from different satellites. I have counted three satellite signals that we recieve. Two work, one does not. Satellite 129 is seriously making me consider cancelling our satellite service. It is pretty hit and miss as to whether or not satellite 129 will work or not. Rain ir shine, it doesn't matter. You may think that this is not a huge deal, but satellite 129 carries all of the HD channels and our local networks. So, we can't watch the local news or local channel programming without some SERIOUS signal breaks or no signal at all. We have called, they have sent techs, four times. Each time, they fiddle with the dish, it gets better for a day or so, and then it goes back to crap. We are supposed to get someone else out here to fix the dish AGAIN this Thursday. If they can't get it righ this time, I am going to ask what we need to do to get rid of the service. I think Insight Cable carries the Big Ten Network. Unfortunately, they will probably try to hit us with an early contract agreement charge. I think it is $200. AAARRGGHHH!

4 comments:

Woody! said...

Don't feel too bad. Time Warner changed their "Navigator" setup so it is more difficult to move around menus, DVR shows, etc. I'm dropping it when I move in with Lisa. I guess, based on your experience with DISH, I should get DirecTV.

Eric Rhodes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Rhodes said...

It was great for the first several months. Just lately, the past several weeks, it has been shite. If they get it fixed, I will be more than happy to stay with Dish Network.

Speaking of the word shite, I heard it on TBS or TNT last night. I thought that TNT didn't have bad words. Maybe shite is like frack on BSG.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting because it seems like a lot of people are dissatisfied with their provider of tv-watching. It seems really complicated to me.