Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Resistance

Scifi.com is webcasting a little mini series called The Resistance. It is updated every Tuesday and Thursday and is based on Battlesta Galactica, the best show on television. The webcasts are little two minute bits telling the story of the humans on New Caprica, now occupied by the Cylons. I watched the second clip today, but I missed the first one that aired Tuesday. Since I couldn't figure out how to watch the first episode today, my guess is that you can only watch the webcast on the day that it premires. I'm hoping that changes since I'd like to see all of the episodes. Apparently, it is about how some of the humans start to fight back against the Cylons and their occupation of New Caprica. Anyway, after the episode, there were some clips of the new BSG season that starts in LESS THAN A MONTH!!!! (Oct 6th, if you didn't know) I was hoping that the second half of season two would be released on DVD before the new season starts, but it doesn't look like that will happen. However, thanks to the incredible invention called DVR, I can record the back episodes of BSG (airing on Scifi at, like, 2:00 am on Saturday) so that I can refresh my memory of how season 2 ended. It's not as good as a DVD, since there are commercials, but at least I can fast forward through them. I'll probably DVR all of the new season so that I can go back and watch the episodes over and over and over. You may think that a bit extreme, but I think that I've watched the first season seven or eight times. Yes, the show is that good. Buy the DVDs, get caught up, get hooked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, BSG is so worth getting into and watching 7 or 8 times! And I have some good news for ya. Season 2.5 is coming out on DVD 9/19 and not only do you not have to sit through commercials, you get deleted scenes, extras, and a special 15-minute-longer cut of Pegasus (the season 1 finale). Secondly, you can watch the previous webisodes on scifi.com. Scroll down under the current video and there's a list along the bottom of the page of all the webisodes. Just click on the one you want to watch, if it's been aired yet of course. And lastly, we're having a BSG Season 3 premiere party at our place on 10/6 so if you want to drive up to Wooster we'd love to have you!

Eric Rhodes said...

Wow. thanks for all of the good news Amy. I tried watching the first webisode on scifi.com, but it would not let me for some reason. I will try again today. Glad to hear that 2.5 is out before the season 3 kickoff. Sounds like they put together a good DVD. I kinda doubt that we will make the 10/06 party. Jessica works the following Saturday at 6:45 am.

Woody! said...

I'm getting stoked watching BSG and lots of other shows, too. Add in football, too, and life is looking up.