Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

No, it's not Christmas time. It's New TV Show Week!!! For months we have been subjected to reruns and bad reality TV. To be honest, we have been watching alot of old shows on DVD that we didn't see the first time around. For example, the 4400, which is suprisingly good. Anyway, that time is over and now is the time that our DVR will be working overtime. No longer will we need to think about which show we should watch when there are two good shows on at the same time. Tonight, for example, CSI and Grey's Anatomy both start at 9:00. We can watch CSI and record Grey's Anatomy for a later date. Well, I'm sure that most of you know of the wonders of DVR and TiVo, so I won't get into it too much. Here's a list of shows that we are excited about:

1. Battle Star Galactica - Season 3 starts 10/06/2006 and if you've ever read my blog, you know that this is my favorite show.

2. Heroes - I have never seen this show, and it could be a big flop, but the commercials look pretty good. It looks like a bunch of regular people wake up one day with super powers. One can fly, one is invincible (a hot cheerleader who saves people in her cheerleader outfit. Nice.) and one can see the future in his paintings. They are marketing this show alot. I hope it's worth the hype. I think it starts this Sunday. It may be a rip off of M. Knight Shamalan's Unbreakable, but it looks good.

3. Desperate Housewives - Yes, it's basically a soap opera, but the stories are engrossing and the housewives are hot. Eva Longoria, enough said.

4. CSI - Not Miami, not NY (which I think was cancelled), I'm talking about the original. This show has been on for a long time and is still very good. They definitely have not jumped the shark yet.

5. Grey's Anatomy - I like this show alot, but I think they are starting to recycle content. If you watch this show, aren't you tired of the whole Merideth-Dr. McDreamy sexual tension? It can only go on for so many seasons, can't it? Plus, it looks like they got rid of Izzy (Catherine Heigel). They killed off her love interest and the last episode of the season shows her telling the chief that she is done. Izzy is an interesting character and HOT HOT HOT!!! Not that that's important. Anyway, the show is interesting and pretty funny.

Other shows that we watch and are new this season are:

1. Vanished, about a US senator's wife gone missing. It's not my fav, but it's OK.
2. Criminal Minds, about an FBI profiling team. Another one that is OK.
3. Justice, about a legal firm that defends murderers. You get a behind the scene look at all of the tricks and stunts that lawyers use to get their clients off. Plus, at the end of the show they show you what really happened (if they did it or not). So far they have gotten off all of their clients who have proven to all be innocent. The ones we are looking forward to are the when they get off a guilty guy or can't get off an innocent one.
4. Deal, or no Deal, ok, it's not new, but it's like video crack to me. It amazes me that people are so ready to risk thousands of dollars in order to win more. Some times it works out for them but mostly it does not. Monday I saw an episode where the guy playing could have won $3mil, but he took the deal after the money got up to $650,000. When they opened his case, it was the $3mil case. Throw in Howie Mandel and HOT HOT models (not that that's important) and you get video crack.
5. Eureka, about a US Marshal that stumbles into a high tech research town and becomes the new sheriff. It is pretty interesting and worth the watch.

Any more shows out there that I should watch?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch Super Nanny and House. I am shocked that you don't watch Lost. I have watched it for the last couple of years, but I am trying to cut my self off this year.

Eric Rhodes said...

Nope, I never got into Lost. It's on my list for NetFlix though. House is good though. I often wonder though, how may illnesses can he diagnose before they start recycling them? Aren't most know illnesses already diagnosed?

Anonymous said...

With house all the illnesses are usual or atypical so I don't think they will run out of illnesses. Maybe cheep shots at Forman though. I wish I could get my dr. friend to watch it. I wonder how close it is to the really illnesses out there. But, I know the dram is so not really. I would have to say that it is my favorite on tv right now. I think Lost would be much better on DVD. I am dumping them because I am so sick of all the reruns they have and such few shows per season.

Anonymous said...

I meant unusual. The illness are not very commom in the usa.

Anonymous said...

Heck I can't type today, really should be real, dram should be drama, really should again be real. Good thing I did ditch the idea of becoming a science teacher!

Eric Rhodes said...

Proof reading can be your friend Amy.

Oh, another show that I really liked was the new Dr Who. It should be starting up agai soo too. December, I think.

Eric Rhodes said...

I guess I should take my own advice and proof read before I post. 'Agai soo' should be 'again soon.' I'm a big dumb animal, folks.