Friday, September 22, 2006

Fun Playing With My Balls

So, my bowling league is started last night. That balls did you think I was playing with? Sick-os. As you may or may not know, I have been bowling almost all my life. I started out pretty well with a 201, followed up with a 191, and ended the night with a 160 (I was getting tired). Since I haven't bowled for almost five months, I am happy with the performance. I think it turned out to be a 180 average, or something like that. It's about normal form me. I'd like to push it up to about a 190 or 195, but after all of these years of bowling, I don't see it happening. I did have a good pick up though: the 3-6-7-10 split. That's three pins on the right side of the lane and one in the back left corner of the lane. Of course, no one was watching.

One thing that is convenient about my bowling league on Thursdays is that the poker game I like to play in on Thursdays is just down the road from the bowling ally. I will be able to get out to play card a little more often now that I will be in the area. I played for a few hours last night and only won $10. I see it as a good night though because I was getting terrible cards all night, but still left with more money than I came with. I made a few calls that I won the hand on the river (when the last community card is turned up) and some of the players (the ones I beat in the hand) were like "How can you call that?" In other words, they felt I should have folded since I didn't have the best hand until the last card came up. Well, it is called gambling, right? Besides, if I am already invested in a hand, I am usually going to see it to the end, unless I know I have no chance. So, I say to the haters, "Screw you! I won some cash!!" I have three goals when I play poker with these guys:

1. Win as much money as possible.
2. Don't lose any money. I usually only buy in with one $20, like last night, where other players buy in with up to $80 or $100. If I leave with as much money as I came with, I am happy.
3. Have fun. I like playing with most of these guys. There are just a few babies some nights that are sore losers. These punks are just lucky that I wasn't getting cards or I would have cashed in. I was on my game last night. I folded when I knew I was beat and bet when I knew I was in the hand. The one bad call I made was when I had two pair and knew that the other guy in the hand had a straight. I called him though, because I was already invested in the hand and thought he may be bluffing. Oh well. Honestly, I like when people get angry at the way I play. It means that I am getting under their skin and they won't play as well against me.

Big Game tomorrow: OSU vs Penn State. Ohio Stateis looking for some payback after losing to PSU last year. It should be a good game. Starts ar 3:30.

No comments: