Monday, July 07, 2008

Six foot Maters

As I commented on Betsy's blog, I have some big ass tomato plants this year. My dad starts tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and several other plants in his basement every spring. No, not pot. As a result, we get a jump on the growing season and more yummy veggies every year. It is no trick of the camera or a weird aspect, that plant in the back is taller than my fence. My six foot fence. It is a cherry tomato plant, so it has about 50 little green tomatoes waiting to ripen. someare about ready. We also have yellow cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, and pink tomatoes. YUM. One of the best things in the summer is cutting up some tomatoes, adding some fresh parsley and onion, and putting Italian dressing on it. It is great! See some more plant and kid pictures on my Flickr page. Here's a close up of the six footer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!! I want a garden!! Maybe if I stay in my new place longer than a year I can actually establish some roots. :)

Betsy said...

OK - I believe you now. :) That's really impressive!!

Eric Rhodes said...

I haven't even put any Miracle Grow on them yet, This week probably. The one tall one is going to get out of control. I love home grown tomatoes.