Friday, April 10, 2009

Fun Night, Living Up To Its Name

Last night was the last night of bowling for my league. We ended up in 4th place, which is OK. Last night's games were, basically, meaningless except for a handicap bracket we do to make things a little more interesting. The #1 position bowler on team A bowls against the #1 person on team B, #2 bowls #2, and so on. You take your score plus handicap and the high game moves on to the next round. The next round whomever won the #1 position game bowls against the #2 position and the #3 position bowl the #4 position winner. The two winners bowl against each other in the third game. There are eventually six final winners and of those, the top four high series with handicap win money. I won first place and took home $50! Woo-hoo! On top of that, I bowled my second best game ever. A 266. I was perfect through the first 8 frames. My ninth ball looked perfect, but I left a solid 5 pin. I was irritated. It is the closest I have been to a perfect game. When I rolled a 279, I rolled a spare in the 4th frame, so I knew a 300 was not possible. Still, it was a good run.

On top of a good night of bowling, I played cards very well afterward. I won almost $90. I was getting pretty good cards and played them well. I lost a few big hands here and there, but won more than I lost (obviously). It was pretty nice. I went to bowling with $17, knowing that I didn't need to pay this week. I came home last night with $180+. Good times.

No comments: