Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekly review

There hasn't been too much going on lately. You probably guess that by the lack of posts. My bowling league is coming to a close, which is a bummer, but I think I am going to join a summer league this year. I want to maintain my good skills. I am going to end this year with an average just under 200. A 199 is awesome in my book. I would say that I am probably in the top ten of my league. A 220 average would be nice, because I would be able to joint the PBA, but as far as a local men's league goes, 199 is not shabby.

Spring always makes me happy. I have a LOT to do outside. The garden is the priority, but I also need to spray weeds in flower beds and put stuff on my grass. I keep playing with the idea of hiring True Green, or something like that, to spray my weeds. The pokey weeds get pretty bad in my back yard. I want to put some lattice around my deck so that the dogs can't get under there anymore. I have some already, it is just a matter of putting it up. I also think I am going to add a flower bed in the front. I will put a rock border around it a perhaps plant a weaping cherry tree and suround it with tulips. I don't know for sure. Maybe I will just cut down the ugly tree we have out there now and put the cherry tree in its spot. The tulips are a must though. I had a bunch at my old house. If I had more time and more money, I would put in a munch of flower beds all around my back fence. Now I get to contend with a chronic back issue too.

Remember when I said my back was hurting? Well, I have arthritus (sp?) in my lower back. Let's hear it for an older person ailment showing itself in my 34 year old back. Awesome. There isn't anything I can do about it other than take anti-inflamatories and asprin. Like I said, AWESOME. The pain hasn't been too bad lately. Still, it makes me less likely to want to do things that require me to get up and move around. Still, I always find a way to get done what needs to get done.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Sorry to hear about your back. It sucks that we're getting older. I still feel like we're all 25, though!

DON'T hire TruGreen. We hired them a few years ago, and I did it without consulting Angie's List. A HUGE mistake. They tried to screw us by adding extra visits, and also tried to make us pay for a service that was included for free in our contract. When I did a little internet research, I found out that they had class action lawsuits in several states for that very same crap. I had to call the woman in charge of our account repeatedly (she was purposely ignoring my calls) and threaten her front desk person before I finally resolved the issue. I don't often get nasty, but she got a huge ear full....including a very convincing threat of me suing her. She folded. I won. Just a little warning from me to you...

Eric Rhodes said...

thanks or the warning. I am just really tired of the pointy weeds I get in the back yard. I guess I need to just keep on it myself.