Thursday, September 04, 2008

Glad no one esle I know is single...

OK. I'm not going to name any names, but I am most likely going to a wedding this fall. If you are a regular reader and read the blogs of other people I know, you may be aware of this upcoming wedding. In October. The fourth, to be precise. If you are not aware, let me say that I went to school with this person and he is a big sports fan. At least I THOUGHT that he is a big sports fan. I guess could be wrong though. A true sports fan wouldn't plan their wedding on a football Saturday. Would they? Especially on a day that #3 Ohio State plays #11 Wisconsin. Not to mention #1 USC and #18 Oregon. I have dealt with this before. Back when my friend Ben got married, it was on a football Satarday and I think OSU played Illinois. The reception was at a country club and all of the OSU fans were in the bar crowded around the TV. Yes, I will DVR the game and will probably find some way to listen to it on the radio or something, but people should really take into account the Ohio State Football season when planning their weddings, birthdays, baptisms, etc. It is a late game, at least, so I will be able to avoid being one of those guys at the wedding with a mini TV, cheering at an OSU touchdown during the 'I-dos'. Ahhhh. The things one does in the name of friendship.

6 comments:

Woody! said...

Shit, man. I'm sorry. I didn't know that tOSU would be playing a big game that early. I, too, bashed friends with fall weddings or those that went up against football. But, at the end of the day, I didn't have a choice unless I wanted to wait half a year. And she might have comer to her senses by then.

Anonymous said...

ALRIGHT, MEN. You think that you can have your little conversation over here and I won't find it. WRONG. I am an all-seeing, all-knowing bride.

I knew that OSU was playing. I just didn't care. I already had to try to take into account the UC schedule. How many games are we going to schedule around? Sports fans are so difficult.

Lisa (the bride who ruined everything, apparently)

Betsy said...

Yeah Lisa!!! Really guys, there are things more important in life than sports!! Eric, I'm assuming that you didn't miss the birth of your kids for a game, right??? And Tim, if you'd like the capability of having children some day, I suggest you give Lisa one heck of a sports free wedding!

Betsy said...

Ooooo... I must be serious. I just called Woody "Tim". Wow.

Eric Rhodes said...

Well, Woody, I was mostly joking about this post. Mostly. I believe it is an 8 o'clock game, so I should be able to catch the end somehow. And yeah. Seal the deal while you can!

Lisa, NOTHING is more important that football. No. you aren't supposed to schedule around UC and OSU.....YOU SCHEDULE AROUND THE WHOLE FRICKIN' SEASON!!!! What do you call the time between the start of college football and the end of college football? NINE MONTHS!!!!! Again, kidding..... Mostly.

Betsy, when Gabriel was born, in OSU hospital, OSU was playing Michigan State in men's basketball. There was a TV in the room and it was tuned to the game, thank you very much.

YES!!! I AM SELFISH!!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Uhmmmm...I'm single. And I don't pay attention to football, so I may accidentally schedule a wedding on a bad day. Sorry!